Music is your lifetime of any party, wedding or event and when there is excellent music playing in the background, the guests, the hosts and everyone is in great spirits and they are enjoying themselves into the tilt. The selection or the kind of music you perform for any event is very important and it must b made keeping in mind that the event, the guests and even the theme of the evening if any. A disc jockey is a person who selects and plays recorded music for a live crowd. There are many types of equipment that a disc jockey uses to boost the quality of the music and to make it more profound so the audience has a great time.
Disc Jockeys may be of several types. You have the radio disc jockey, that selects and broadcasts music on FM, AM, digital, shortwave or some internet music channels. Then you’ve got club disc jockeys, who play recorded music in pubs, discos, and night clubs. You also have specialty hip hop DJs who use turntables to play that kind of music. They may also resort to starching of the turntable to create a more percussive sound.
A number of the basic types of equipment which are needed by any kind of Disc Jockey include
- Recorded appears in the DJ’s preferred medium such as vinyl records, compact disks, MP3 files or CD ROM.
- Digital audio or seems have to be combined with MIDI tracks for which a multiple sequencer is necessary from the DJ.
- A digital audio mixer that goes by the name of DJ mixer is required. This DJ mixer is generally equipped with a device known as the”crossfader”. This device is needed for Pioneer plx-1000 the smooth movement from one track to another with some playback devices.
- A fantastic pair of cans so that the DJ can listens to one monitor while another one has been played to the viewers.
- A pair of 2 devices to be able to play the recordings of sound or if the playback is electronic then just 1 device is required. These devices must switch back and forth between monitors so as to create a continuous playing of audio.
- A solid system can also be required for the use of amplification or broadcasting of those recordings. This usually is made up of PA system or a portable audio sound system.
- Electronic flaws units to add special sounds to the sound recordings (octave, reverb, delay, chorus, equalizer)
- A special device called a DJ hardware control which can beautifully manipulate digital music files on a pc.
- Sequencers, samplers, drum machines and electronic keyboards.
- “Multi stylus head shells” that help the DJ play different styles of the groove.
Do you want to know more about the Traktor Kontrol S8. Well you can read everything about it on our site. Click here to Learn More about Traktor Kontrol S8